Visit the Ruby releases page at the official Ruby website to check for a newer version. Mac users install the latest Ruby with Homebrew or get the latest Ruby version with the installation utilities that accompany a version manager such as asdf, chruby, rbenv, or rvm.
How do I install the latest version of Ruby on Mac?
Here is the process I followed:
- Check the version of Ruby installed on your Mac. Open terminal and type: …
- Install the Ruby Version Manager rvm. In terminal, curl -L https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable. …
- Install the latest version of Ruby. rvm install ruby-[version] …
- Set the latest version of Ruby as the one you want to use.
How do I update Ruby to latest version?
Ruby versions (updating)
- Upgrade ruby (using rvm) sudo rvm get head. …
- Install bundler. gem install bundler.
- Go to application root directory and install gems. cd APPLICATION_ROOT. …
- Install Easy Redmine. rake easyproject:install RAILS_ENV=production.
- You may also need to change the ruby version in a startup script.
How do I change Ruby version on Mac?
Set Ruby version with rvm on Mac
To set a default Ruby version with rvm, enter rvm –default use 3.0. 0 on the command line. To switch to the system ruby, enter rvm use system . To switch back to the default, rvm default .
What version of Ruby comes with Mac?
Ruby versions 2.0 and above are included by default in macOS releases since at least El Capitan (10.11).
How do I update Ruby in Rails app?
For each version you need to do these steps:
- Change the Rails version in the Gemfile.
- gem update.
- rails app:update.
- Apply all changes from the upgrade guide.
- Run your tests.
- Fix all failing tests.
- Fix all obsolete messages.
Where is Ruby path on Mac?
MacOS comes with a “system Ruby” pre-installed. If you see /usr/bin/ruby when you use the which command, it is the pre-installed macOS system Ruby.